Thursday, April 29, 2010

Why no listen?

Well the drama has begun again. NK Drama that is. This year we are doing the show 'Alice in Wonderland Jr.' To be completely honest, I'm not really keen on it. I'm not the biggest ALICE fan but the kids voted on it so that's what we're doing. Remind me never to listen to 14 year olds! So because of the fact that I'm not a fan of ALICE I am not really into the show this year. It's sad really...I want to be into it. But I'm just not. The kids are really good this year. Both shows are going to be really great, with the talent. The girl who I cast as the Caterpillar (Emma) is beyond amazing. She just gets it, and her voice is phenomenal. And it doesn't hurt that she loves me haha. I'm her new best friend. And everyone knows how much I love all the praise and admiration from my kiddos. I love them all in return. (well not all of them...99% of them. That 1% who I don't like includes one such girl named Sarellen. It's not that I don't like her. She is just in your face annoying. And she is always at rehearsals...when she's NOT supposed to be!


So, rehearsals tend to be crazy because the kids do NOT listen. So by the end I'm stressed, anxious and depressed. I sometimes just feel very insecure and not confident in myself. What makes me a good director? I don't know. One of the kids, Jack told me yesterday that he admires me, lol...because nobody has gotten hurt. I certainly hope he didn't jinx it. (KNOCK ON WOOD!) But back to my insecurities; the kids shoot out ideas of what to do and they are really good ideas. So why can't I come up with any good ones? I really need to spend some time finding myself. I think I'm in Ireland right now. I guess I'll just stay here until September and be someone else. AHHH I keep getting off track and talking about random stuff. Sorry about that. Anyhoo - I totally know it's my fault the kids don't listen to me. I treat them more as friends than as students. I don't know.

Well I have nothing really to say. I am boring.

No comments: