Friday, April 27, 2012

2nd Interview

I had dreams of working in pastry. Remember those dreams? Remember having dreams? Goals? Ambitions? I was still employed at this time. I knew I needed a change. Pastry is not an easy business. Did I have what it takes? I was afraid. And I decided to sit on those thoughts. And now here I sit, still looking for employment, I decided to apply to my favorite bakery. It's near my house. It would allow me to see what it is like to actually be in this business, before spending so much time and money. And a month after I applied, I got called in for an interview. And it went well. I got a second interview. This time I had to trail (aka work) for one hour. And I really did. I got about a 10 minute course in daily operation and then they put me in front of the customers. That was jarring at first. I made a few mistakes. I was friendly to everyone ( I really was! ) and I said thank you to everyone before I left. My mom said they were probably looking more at how one reacts to the customers and staff than if they made a mistake at the cash register. I felt like if I was hired after about three days I wouldn't have a problem. But what was the job? I still don't know. They said they'd talk about specifics after. The person that was suppose to be at my second interview wasn't there. I do know that more than two jobs are opening up. But what is the schedule? What is the pay? These are just a few of the questions any person would like to know. And especially after a second interview, so I sit and wait to hear back.

Maybe I won't get this job. At this point in my life, eighteen months later, I believe it will be what it will be. I have no answers and I'm okay with that. Life is okay. It has to be :)

No comments: