Sunday, November 25, 2012

Silver Linings Playbook





Silver Linings Playbook
Starring: Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Lawrence, Robert DeNiro, Julia Stiles
November 24, 2012

Going into this movie I knew very little of what it was about. The knowledge I had of this film was it was about a man who had a restraining order against him from his ex-wife and is recruited to be a dance partner to this girl. But I knew I had to see it when I found that Jennifer Lawrence was starring alongside Bradley Cooper.

Now I'm a huge fan of Jennifer Lawrence, she is one of the select few who pull me in to the characters they play. Her ability to portray a character wholeheartedly is undoubtedly seen throughout this movie. She is not only hilarious but heartbreaking as Tiffany. And Bradley Cooper I have mostly seen in movies for his looks. I mean he's no (insert name of award winning actor of your choice) but he's nice to look at. I wasn't expecting a whole lot from him but he exceeded my expectations. This film in my opinion brought him to new heights. I don't know if in the future he'll be as amazing as he was in this movie but I hope he stays in this path.

The acting all together was great although I am surprised Julia Stiles signed up for this as her character / role was minimum and kind of pointless. The story line and plot was interesting and captivating. It's not a movie I need to see over and over again in the theater but it is one I will definitely buy when it comes out.

I give this 9 out of 10 stars.
-Lindsay

No comments: