Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Easy A

I haven't done a movie review in a while now and this movie deserves one. A film about a high school girl who lived her life under the radar, not being noticed until one day when she lies to her best friend about losing her virginity to a college boy. From that lie rumors spread like wildfire throughout her school, making her normal life into a whirlpool of sex, lies and blogging. A modern day Scarlet Letter film.

Emma Stone plays Olive Pendhergast and not since Juno has there been a character so well developed and classically humorous. Her relationship with her parents is what every girl would wish for. The wit and charm in this movie are what make it the great film it is. And who can get enough of Penn Badgley?? Not I! One criticism I have is Lisa Kudrow. She plays the role of the Guidance Councelor who is really not very good at her job. Now Lisa Kudrow is awesome and I love her and I'm not saying she was bad in this movie...I'm not. She was very good. However, her portrayal of the character was reminiscent of a former character she played many years ago...Phoebe Buffay. I love Phoebe...but Phoebe and the Guidance Counselor are completely different characters. It just bothered me slightly that she wasn't very different than Phoebo (hehe).

I give this movie 5 stars and 5 thumbs up. GO SEE IT! I plan on seeing it again and definitely buying it on DVD (Blu-ray!)

No comments: