Thursday, January 6, 2011

Black Swan



I am not usually a fan of movies centered around ballet unless at some point it has a fun hip-hop dance performance thrown in there, like Center Stage so at first I wasn't that interested in seeing this movie. But the previews and the rave reviews I have heard pulled me in.

People who had seen it told me that it is a movie that will make you pay attention and think. I love movies that make you think and keep you guessing until the end, and beyond. Those are always my favorite types. I was also told that some moments will make me cringe. Now, I am not the type of person who cringes during gross happenings (unless it has to do with the eyes-yuck) so I didn't think I would be all that disgusted. Well I was wrong. Three scenes in particular made me close my eyes.

The thinking part though was definitely true. Even now as I sit here and write this blog I am pondering what truly happened. And I love it. This is my favorite movie of 2011 and in my top 10 favorite movies of all time and I am going to see it again with a friend.

This movie will leave you freaked out, confused and above all awed. I give it 5 stars.

1 comment:

m said...

"Did you suck his cock?"
Black Swan was released in 2010.