Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Adjustment Bureau

The Adjustment Bureau Starring: Matt Damon & Emily Blunt March 25, 2011 I went to the movie theatre recently and saw the movie The Adjustment Bureau. I don't know if it was because I didn't really pay attention to the previews I had seen previously or because Matt Damon starred, but I had the impression this movie had a lot in common with the Bourne movies, or that it had to do with a Government Agency trying to steal his identity or try to arrest him for something he didn't do. I wanted to see the film because I regard Emily Blunt as an excellent actor and I also like Matt Damon. Yes folks -- I wanted to see it on the main premise that I liked the stars. But I was pleasantly surprised. Due to the fact I thought of it as a movie about government agencies trying to frame a senator for something he didn't do, I was confused for the first 20 minutes of the movie. Once they explained what was going on, I settled back and enjoyed it immensely. This movie made you think, take notice and pay attention to what is going on. It isn't another mindless drama and as I've mentioned, movies that make you think and pay attention and that most importantly keep your attention are my favorite kind. It's why I loved Inception and Black Swan so much. It was filled with action from start to finish, and thankfully didn't have too much political happenings going on throughout. Matt Damon was at his finest, and Emily Blunt did not disappoint. I highly recommend this film. I give it five thumbs up!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I really liked this movie! It reminded me of Fringe... with the Observers. Who knew Emily could dance like that!