Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Fire Island 2011


I went to Fire Island once three years ago. It was everything I thought it might be. It wore me down. That wasn't a bad thing, but even at three years younger it wasn't who I was.

This time I was in charge. Who doesn't like that? I gathered up a few friends and took the ferry over (in the rain). I waited three years to return and it was going to rain? I didn't think so. But the forecast said rain.

We watched the A list and a housemate cooked dinner (it was good food!). And then I contemplated buying a sweater because it was so cold.

But when the bill to legalize gay marriage became a law (well we still need it to be signed and we need it to be a federal)... but it's a start. How stupid does California look now?

But I didn't buy a sweater. And the next day the sun came out. And it never left. It wasn't humid. There were no bugs. I got more color then I ever have.

It was just nice to be disconnected from everything. It was nice to be relaxed. The drama was non existent. I probably ate too much pizza (no I did). And I didn't find a boy. But it wasn't about that. It was about me and hanging around people who are fun and a positive influence.

No comments: