Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Amanda in the City





Amanda came to the city for the weekend of the 4th of July. She stayed with me for a night and I took her around to HK (where we ate milky way ice cream). We walked up to Columbus Circle and she saw Central Park (specifically Strawberry Fields and the Dakota building). We then took a cab to Harlem and ate the best mac and cheese available anywhere (at the Hudson River Cafe). She was a big sport when we ended the night at gay bar Industry (I met a guy born in 1988). Did you know people born in 1988 are allowed to drink? I was informed people even born in 1991 are now of legal age. I am old (but he thought I was 26 :)

The next day we met more friends (specifically crazy pants herself LMD!!) She looked refreshed for a night of celeb stalking outside broadway theaters. She saw Susan Sullivan (of My Best Friend's Wedding/Castle fame). We saw some lady from Desperate Housewives. We saw Ellen Barkin and Harvey Keitel. Kate Burton and Dana Delaney. Lee Pace and Jim Parsons. Joe Mantello and John Benjamin Hickey.

And Luke McFarlance (who is dreamier than anyone could predict). Lindsay got a picture. But he's mine! All of them were so sweet (including Lindsay- can you believe that?). It was a great weekend filled with great friends.

No comments: