Monday, August 1, 2011

Food Crawl




Food Crawl

Fat Witch Bakery - 75 Ninth Avenue

The best brownie. The best brownie I have had in some time. I admit to only trying the caramel witch. I gave my niece the original chocolate one. Chocolate is her favorite. I think half of America would agree with her. But that is just more reason to go back. It is located in Chelsea Market. Chelsea Market will remind you of an upscale Faneuil Hall if you have ever been there. If not, take a trip to Boston. I grew up around Boston - well a half hour or so from the city. You can order these brownies online if you can not make it to the city.




Good Restaurant - 89 Greenwich Ave

I went with my friend Tammi to this West Village location. It looked fairly new. I had never seen it before, and I, like so many others, enjoy walking around the West Village. I got a burger. Simple right? I needed iron. If you wanted a deluxe burger it looked like this place will put out all the stops (they offer pulled pork as a topping). I indulged in their hand cut fries. Tammi went healthy - she is an athlete and always eating well. I believe she got vegetables and fish.


Ninos - 1354 First Ave

I love Nino. Yes, we met. The service is so good here I think I would go back anyway. But the pasta was incredible. And then the dessert was - gelato. Why get excited you may ask? This was gelato in a chocolate casing. Remember, half of America loves chocolate (maybe even more than that). And to top it off there was a cherry or two frozen in the middle. To die for. Tami (always on the look out for good food was my date , along with Sarah). Yes, another friend. We do not dine with strangers. The only negative is the Upper East Side atmosphere. We came from a day at the park. It was just too stuffy.

What am I eating tonight? Give me suggestions! What are you eating?

No comments: