Sunday, August 14, 2011

Let's Eat!



















Striphouse - 13 e 12th street

Remember the Italian restaurant that Tom Hanks ate at in the movie Big? Since the year 2000 it has been a steakhouse. Julia Roberts has even been spotted there. But that's not why I went. A couple of good friends got together (one of them works there) and had a meal. I had the mac n cheese. I wasn't impressed. But the steak was a hit. And for dessert? A piece of a 24 layer chocolate cake. It might be the best chocolate cake I ever had.


Cafe Cluny - 284 W 12th street

I took myself to breakfast. I like to do that. I ordered the brioche french toast. I love me some french toast. The deal breaker for me in regards to french toast is the bread itself. I don't put up with any wonder bread. This french toast was delicious. It was thick and soft in the middle. And the outside was crispy. I didn't even need syrup, but of course I had some butter. I agree with Julia Child - butter is everything.


Cookshop - 156 10th Ave

I went to brunch with Henry in his neighborhood. We both had burgers and fries. Who can pass that up? The building really was ahead of it's time. It's worth going just to walk down 20th street between 10th and 9th avenue. That is one of my favorite blocks in the city. But the burger doesn't disappoint. And neither do the fries.

No comments: