Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo



The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Starring: Daniel Craig, Rooney Mara, Christopher Plummer, Robin Wright & Joely Richardson

December 22, 2011


I read the book and highly anticipated this movie as the book was incredible. I try not to get too set in the book story when seeing the movies based on them because I am usually disappointed when they cut things out or add in things or change things in any way (I'm looking at you Water for Elephants!) so I went into this movie looking at it as its own entity, completely different from the book.


So by doing so the changes (and there were three apparent changes) didn't bother me. I can see why they changed certain things and it worked, and had the same outcome/effect the book did. Other than those changes the movie stayed true to the book and I was left loving Lisbeth Salander more than I did after reading.


Salander is one of the strongest characters that I have read in a book, and if it is at all possible she's even more kick-ass in the movie. Rooney Mara is BRILLIANT in the role! Not only does she have the look of the character and fits the role perfectly, her portrayal of Salander is spot on. Daniel Craig plays Mikhael Blomkvist just as I pictured him and the him and Rooney Mara had great chemistry.


There is one scene that is difficult to watch, and if you have read the book you know which scene I'm referring to. But it just makes the revenge scene so much more awesome. The film is very dark, which I love.

A MUST SEE! LOVED IT!


10 out of 10 stars!!!!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Loved the movie! Didn't do that well box office wise. It needs to pick up steam or we can count out second and third movies!