Tuesday, February 28, 2012

32

I've been 32 for 8 days. Not much has changed. Will it ever?
I look back to eight years ago.. five years ago. A lot has changed. It didn't seem so at the time, but it takes time to see change.

And on my birthday I stood infront of so many people that I love and respect and admire and felt their love and I felt blessed. I felt special and needed. It was a perfect day. I was glad to have been born and to have the life I have.

I might see a new wrinkle soon, but I am gaining on happiness (even on my darker days). And I know good things will come. The glass has to remain half full.

I took off to San Francisco for the rest of the week. I walked up and down and all around. I ate some good food. I got a sunburn. It was kind of perfect. I love to get lost by myself in a city I am not familiar with. I guess I'll always be a loner, but maybe that's the wrong word. Because at 32, for the first time in my life, I don't feel alone.

No comments: