Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I want to Write




I want to write. I haven't written in a long time and my life seems amiss somehow. The longing to write overwhelms my soul but either the lack of motivation or the need for a riveting story or perhaps both inhibits my creativity. So I don't write.




Lately I have been emmersed in novels, reading one after the other in my '2012 reading challenge' on goodreads. I have challenged myself to read 50 books this year and am saying it here for all of you faithful followers to hold me accountable, I will complete this challenge!




A suggestion of an incredible novel which I just finished reading is 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children.' It is not only interesting, and will keep you intrigued throughout, the story is phenomenal and takes you to another world. The characters are great and the author has found real photos from collectors and interspersed them throughout the book. They all work very well with the story.




But as for writing...who knows what the future will bring. I need to get out of my head and let the story unfold through my fingers. Something phenomenal is bound to happen at one point, right?


-- Lindsay

No comments: