Monday, May 16, 2011

Bridesmaids

Bridesmaids

Starring: Kristen Wiig, Maya Rudolph, Melissa McCarthy & Rose Byrne

May 13, 2011


When a movie is promoted and you see that the stars are Kristen Wiig and Maya Rudolph, you know for sure it's going to be funny -- add in Melissa McCarthy and you can only imagine the hilarity that will ensue. Now throw in Rose Byrne and your mind will surely be blown.


This movie went beyond my expectations! From the sex romp at the beginning until the sirens screaching at the end I was thoroughly entertained. I laughed, I cried, I almost shit in the street...oh wait...no that wasn't me.


In all honesty, Kristen Wiig needs to win an award, whether it be an Emmy for SNL or an Oscar for this movie (come on, one can hope right?) She is comic genius (replace comic with A COMPLETE). And not only did she deliver her classic comedic talent, she also raised the bar with her emotional depth she brought to the screen.


Melissa McCarthy brought her A game and was a laugh riot as was Maya Rudolph and the other two ladies who played the other bridesmaids.


Rose Byrne, who I only knew from the show "Damages" showed that she has what it takes to play a completely different character. Every movie needs a 'villain' and she was perfect as Helen, a character you loved to hate and who by the end redeemed herself.


I highly recommend this movie, as it is the funniest movie I have seen!

If there were more than five stars -- wait -- I write this blog! I give this movie TEN STARS!!!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

By the time Maya shit in the street I was crying with laughter and choking on tears.

You should watch Get Him to the Greek. Rose Byrne is awesome in it. Completely different from this and Damages.

Loved Melissa McCarthy! She stole the show.

There was so much funny! Definitely need to see it again!