Thursday, May 26, 2011

Dining in NYC

That's the Big Gay Ice Cream Truck - I ran into it on Friday night on 13th street and Avenue A. It's hard to tell from the picture. But it has a following. Who doesn't want to buy ice cream from a gay? Parents even go with their children. Us gays are that safe to be around. Imagine that?

Coming soon is a shop! http://www.biggayicecreamtruck.com/




The Spotted Pig - 314 W 11th Street

My favorite place to get a burger is (B.E.S), but if I had to choose a second favorite. And a in very close second, It would be The Spotted Pig. They have been around forever. They don't take reservations. You could be waiting a very long time. But it's such a cozy atmosphere. It's like walking into the New York of Edith Wharton and Henry James. I couldn't tell you about the rest of the menu. I just get the burger, so do yourself a favor - get the burger too!



I then hit Vero (1483 Second Avenue)- you know about Panini Mondays right? You buy a glass of any wine you want and you get a free panini. And these are some good panini's. The atmosphere is chill. The lighting is terrific. My advice is to get there early because free food is the last food they want to make so you will be waiting forever. My one complaint? The waitress/bartender behind the bar was a little aloof.

No comments: