Monday, January 23, 2012

Cheers

Cheers to the freaken' weekend!



And also to my birthday. The big 32.

I had planned a wonderful sit down dinner party with my closest friends for Saturday January 21, 2012. It was all set and ready to happen...a personalized catered party by one of my best friends Carrie Vail...that was finished off with a cake prepared by a friend Ashley. Both go to Johnson & Wales in Culinary / Baking Pastry respectively. How lucky am I!?


The theme? Once Upon a Time - - The TV show. The dinner consisted of Red Riding Hood Crostinis, Rumplestiltskin's Golden Bisque, Snow White's Winter Salad and Prince Charming's Royal Fowl. The cake was devil's food with the decoration on top of a basket of red apples and the evil queen's hat leaning against it. It was magical. Carrie had printed out the menu on beautiful designer paper and I had made place cards for everyone, sporting a picture of a different character from the show on each.


Me - Evil Queen
Carrie - Regina Mills
Ashley - Ruby
John - Rumplestiltskin
Cristina - Mary Margaret
Alex - Graham
Elle - Cinderella
Teresa - Snow White
Amy - Emma Swan
Dave - Prince Charming
Kari - Henry


The party favors were a hot chocolate package with a bag of cinnamon. They were named appropriately 'Emma's Cinnamon Topped Hot Cocoa.' A big hit!


The night was a lot of fun and filled with laughter and good conversation. We played games and watched a movie and drank some delicious drinks. Sadly a few couldn't make it due to the weather. Snow is beautiful, and created a nice backdrop to the theme of my party, but overall it ruined a bit of the party.

Along with good food and good company I also got two tweets from Lana Parrilla, who plays the Evil Queen / Regina Mills on Once Upon a Time!! She is my absolute favorite on the show and one of my all time favorite actors. Getting not only a birthday tweet from her but also another tweet about the party just about made my life!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Sounds like so much fun! I wish I was there!