Thursday, January 5, 2012

Written Word

The screen stares back at me. Always in white. The blinking cursor. What to write? Every character is 80 percent you. You are the characters. It's the next 20 percent you have to worry about. Or that is what I believe. Words of wisdom... as I approach... 32?

Happy New Year.

Follow me on twitter markers31... I'll tweet you back and say fuck like Ellen Barkin. How cool is she? Her work in The Normal Heart on broadway last year was the kind of theater experience anyone would dream of.

As I dream of what else to write. I think I have a story. I think I have a character or two. The excitement. The disappointment. The solitude. The determination and the discipline it takes to write. Just a word. A sentence. A paragraph. A thought. Something original. That hasn't influenced me? But everyday influences me. Every thought that maybe today.... I ... grow .. learn. Believe again.

I'm believing in again. Today at least. And words are starting to stare back at me. I'm about to give birth to new characters. And I didn't even have to endure labor, but I ate more than usual :)

No comments: