Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Pies & Thighs

Pies & Thighs
166 S. 4th Street
Brooklyn

I traveled to Brooklyn with Jessa (it is her stomping ground after all). And I like Brooklyn I do, but coming from Harlem -- that L Train is just no fun. Ask any New Yorker. But with a promise of fried chicken and pie. How could I resist? I plan to go back with Michael and Joey. That's how good this place is ---

Okay, so the mac & cheese left me disappointed (Jessa loved it). I didn't enjoy because of the hot sauce or the red flakes that they put in it. I don't know exactly what it was, but it was not my kind of mac & cheese. And I can make good mac & cheese, so maybe this makes me more critical? Okay, okay I know I said I loved the place and here I am criticizing.

So, I moved on to the biscuit, perfection. And then came the pie. I wanted eight of them. They come in slices or you can order a whole one for $35-55.

I didn't think any pie could rival Four & Twenty Blackbirds, but this place does. They are about equal. We ordered three slices of three different pies.

Deep fried apple pie
Smores
Banana Cream





I can't wait to go back to order three more slices. And the seating in the back is the place to be seated, it allows you to be indoors and outdoors. Perfect summer location. And good service.

No comments: