Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Amanda takes the city!


Melba's
300 W 114th Street


Amanda came to visit this weekend. I took her to Melba's for brunch. There is no reservation list. The place is very small. I had heard good things, but had never been. I didn't know what kind of wait to expect. It exceeded my expectation from the food to the decor. And there was no wait. Amanda got the egg nog waffles and I ordered the cinnamon raisin french toast. Delicious! Another great neighborhood find-- that is building up quite the celebrity reputation if you decide to google it.

What did we do next? We travelled through Soho. I contemplated buying sunglasses ( I am still thinking about it! ). But at a pop sale I ended up buying three shirts from a Brooklyn designer. I love them all. Amanda bought two dressess!

And then we stopped at Jonathan Adler and I found the chair I want to buy ( if only I can sell the one I have now!).  Amanda also found a chair she wanted to buy. And we ate pizza. My first slice in six months! Below is a snap shot of our weekend. How was your weekend?






No comments: