Monday, June 18, 2012

What Remains

Carole Radziwill wrote wrote a book
about losing her best friend and her husband in the same three weeks
What Remains
she was on Oprah
emmy and Peabody award winning journalist
a Princess
and now a Real Housewife of New York
a guilty pleasure of mine
loving Bethenny's new talk show too
but never picked up the book until now
and it moved me in a way you want every good book to move you
and because I am so introspective
it probed me to ask questions about myself
about What Remains of my dreams
and I realized something
that I am happy
without a boyfriend
without the dream job
whatever any of that is suppose to mean
i found happiness
every day isn't a picnic
but i found a way to breathe
i am ok
despite not having what society tells you
not that i don't want that experience that society paints
but i am happy
i have a good life
and What Remains was a reminder of that for me
because it could all be gone tomorrow
and if it were
that would be ok
because today i am ok
and tomorrow i'll be ok

are you ok?

No comments: