Sunday, December 23, 2012

Hole or Whole?

There was a hole in my arm. Or was it my heart? It was infected. I thought I could pop it and it would go away. But it needed medication. I needed medication. Nothing too serious. The body heals itself. Our body is an amazingly self sufficient tool. I was whole again. Or was it always hole to begin with? Falling down the rabbit hole. Was Alice there? Picking at the scab. At my cuticles. At my face. Until the puss comes out. Until I'm pretty. Or am I suppose to say handsome? The temperature changes every season in New York City. And with the temperature so do people. It's not a big change. But  when the change first happens and you're not prepared for it, it can hit you hard. That gust of wind can blow you right over. And it can be a good feeling. You can get back up and look around and see the person or the situation in a new light. And that light can give you hope if you embrace it. We have to embrace it. All good things have come in my life from change. Change scares me and propels me to do better and be better. Do you believe in God? Show me proof. It's a nice story. Maybe it's more about faith. Who is right or wrong? What if we all our? What if we just accept ourselves? And when we accept ourselves, and only then, will someone else accept us. The dirt under my toenails are always harder to clean. The lines around my mouth when I smile show my happiness and my age. They show me how much I've smiled. How much more I could smile. Smiling is easier than crying.

No comments: