Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Aruba



It was suppose to be for my brother's wedding, but he ended up marrying a few months earlier. The entire family was suppose to come. An unexpected health scare had them canceling last minute. I showed up. And I saw beaches filled with sand so white and so soft I thought it was a dream. The water in the ocean was bluer than I'd only seen in pictures. And not just blue - but about seven different shades of blue. I took an off road jeep tour and snorkeled in a natural pool. The island itself is only 19.6 miles and only developed with the various hotels they build to house the tourists. They do have a volcano. The cuisine is average (but the smoothies were great). I'd never seen so many iguanas. There is no gay scene (how lame). And my brother's children. It's a lot of work being a parent. And the two boys just don't behave. It gave me a headache. But I escaped to the movies one afternoon ( I saw The Help for a second time. Viola Davis is marvelous). And I was glad to have the opportunity to come. This will be my last vacation of the year.

I hope to go to Sweden (to see Linda) next year. Maybe in April? And I want to go back to California (I'm thinking of Carmel). Where do you want to go on your next vacation?

3 comments:

Lady in the Street, Freak in the Bed said...

I hope you come with me to drive to California in August! And then stay with me for a week or two. We'd have a blast. I'm excited for my trip to NY to visit you ! :D :D yay.

-Lindsay

m said...

Of course I am coming with you to California!!! I can't wait. I miss your face :)

La Linda said...

YES! Come to Sweden, that would be so awesome! May is better though, still kinda cold in April. Can't wait to see you, only two more weeks now!