Monday, September 19, 2011

FALL TV

Who is excited? It's that time of year! It's more exciting than Christmas when you're over 30 (like me). The fall TV season starts this week. Or maybe it officially started last week? Who knows, but I was out of the country. More on that later!

My most anticipated show? American Horror Gothic! Connie Britton (loved her on Friday Night Lights) Dylan McDermott (still hot) Jessica Lange (always good). It just looks cool. I want to love it.

I love Claire Danes. I think she's the best actress of her generation (which would be mine). And so I'm really excited she (ANGELA CHASE) is returning to television with Homeland on Showtime.

I also can't wait for WHITNEY -- not Whitney Port of The Hills/The City. But the comic on Chelsea Lately. The promos look so good I'll be disappointed if it doesn't work.

I also think Up All Night, Two Broke Girls and Prime Suspect look like something I will check out.

The only shows I still watch that are returning include Parenthood (give this a chance - it's good).

And I also really love Hung. Not because it's about a guy's penis size. It's isn't. It's dramatic and funny and very quirky (and sometimes moving). This is on HBO.

I have NO interest in Revenge. Emily whats-her-face is not for me. And certainly not as a lead. I also think Pan Am looks DULL. And they keep advertising this show like crazy. I do appreciate Christina Ricci (Mermaids forever!), but not enough to check this out.

As much as I like Chelsea Handler, her show is not peaking my interest. But it's coming mid-season so maybe it will prove me wrong.

What is your most anticipated fall show? I probably missed the most anticipated one. I know we have many readers who comment on everything we say (Lindsay is my co-blogger... if you want to send her fan mail email me). But we do read all the comments on here. It is hard because there are always so many. But we do it. Because we love you. Well, I do. I don't know about Lindsay.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Lots of shows I will check out that you mentioned - American Horror Gothic, Homeland, Up All Night, 2 Broke Girls, Prime Suspect.

My most-anticipated returning shows are Castle and Fringe.

Of the new shows? Maybe Once Upon a Time and Alcatraz.