Friday, September 9, 2011

So Say We All

Battlestar Galactica
Starring: Katee Sackhoff, Tricia Helfer, Edward James Olmos, Jamie Bamber, James Callis, Mary McDonell, Grace Park, Tahmoh Penikett etc. First watch: August / September 2011

If one word could possibly describe this show it would be ... "Brilliant"! Or shall I say 'Frakken Brilliant'!

Taking place 40 years after the last Cylon attack it shows the people of the universe as happy and content with life. That is until a nuclear explosion wipes out most of civilization and causes the survivors to live on ships in the fleet of the Battlestar Galactica.

This ship is helmed by William Adama and has a crew of many talented and kick ass viper pilots - including Kara Thrace (played by Katee Sackhoff), whose call sign is Starbuck. What starts off as a war of enormous proportions between human and cylon transforms into what can essentially be called an epic journey to find Earth and the vast personality traits of each character and how they grow and mature throughout the series.

I was leary of watching this at first as science fiction isn't exactly my favorite genre of TV, Film or Novels but I gave it a go and glad I did. It became an obsession (shocker!) and with each episode passing I became more and more involved in all aspects of the series. There were times I wanted to strangle characters and other times I wanted to give them a tight squeeze.

Without giving anything away I will just say that you will be perched at the edge of your seat, unable to move a muscle, blink and sometimes even breathe! I highly recommend you watch, it is just that good!

For all of our readers, I will be starting a new 'project' beginning on Monday September 12, 2011. I am going to re-watch this show one episode a night until it is finished, with an in depth detailed blog about the episode immediately following. For more information on this project please visit that blog www.zigzag-battlestargalactica.blogspot.com and it is all there for you to understand. I hope you join me in watching the show and blogging about the episodes. I assure you, you won't be disappointed!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

so glad you love BSG! it's one of the best tv series ever!!! i'm looking forward to your rewatch blog!