Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Fall TV: Part 2

In an addendum to Mark's post on the upcoming shows (new or returning) I will share my thoughts.

I am equally thrilled and nervous of the television season upon us. Why nervous you ask? I know you are very curious. Well, I watch entirely too much television. I watch about all that is on the air, except Jersey Shore...I will never ever stoop that low to watch that nonsense.

Last week actually kicked off the new season with the start of the new season of Parenthood. It was a good episode. Although Haddie and Amber are apparently in a contest to see who can have the absolute worst hairstyle ever. It was hard to pick a winner.

But last night was the real start to greatness with the season 4 premiere of Castle. We were left last season with Beckett getting shot and Castle telling her that he loved her right before she closed her eyes into unconsciousness. Way to leave us hanging show! This episode was beyond amazing -- edge of your seat craziness! From the moment we see Lanie wheeling Beckett down the corridor of the hospital until the very end as Beckett reveals that she lied and she 'remembers everything' the episode did not disappoint. A great way to start!

Another show that I'm very excited for the return is Fringe. Season 4 should be another epic showdown of awesome. The end of season 3 was a jaw dropping 'what the hell just happened' kind of finale, as we see Peter Bishop disappear. Yes folks...he just vanished. Poof! Where did he go? Nobody knows.

I have been enjoying the new season of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, and Kyle remains my favorite out of the girls. I feel absolutely terrible for Taylor as she is a mess from her marriage woes...the earlier part of the season was filmed before her husband's suicide. It's so sad.

Now for some new shows that I'm excited for...

The sitcoms I look forward to are New Girl (Yay Zooey!), Up All Night and Whitney. I watched the premiere of Up All Night (starring Christina Applegate, Maya Rudolph and Will Arnett) and it was very funny. Whitney just looks hilarious, and I do love love Whitney Cummings (the star of the show and a comedian on Chelsea Lately). And who can't be excited for New Girl? It looks cute, funny and just all around awesome. I hope it lives up to my expectations.

I'm also excited for the new show - Once Upon a Time.

I think it's going to be a good year of shows! What are your favs?

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Castle was like super fast and amazing! The episode flew by.

I. CAN'T. WAIT. FOR FRINGE.

I liked the pilot of Up All Night, too. And New Girl! I will probably try Whitney.

Once Upon a Time isn't a JJ show. It's by two writer/producers of Lost.

Lady in the Street, Freak in the Bed said...

oh it is? I thought it was a JJ show. my bad.

You should watch Whitney, for at least the first ep. She is funny!!!!