Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Havoc and Bright Lights

All lyrics by Alanis Morissette from her new album HAVOC AND BRIGHT LIGHTS.

The two songs below... are my two favorite tracks. And they speak to where I am in my life (for better or worse) over this past week.

I can't wait to see her live in October!

NUMB

I feel slow and encumbered and defeated and drawn
Disappointed, over-extended and frustrated and shaken
This overhealing, over-loving, discontentment goes on
This entrancement. Intuition.
I'll be checked out, I'll be gone


HAVOC

I'm slipping grip I'm
Up to my tricks off my wagon
I have no defense I'm
Wreaking havoc
Wreaking havoc and consequence

These are just two short snapshots of each song... it's actually more 'bright lights' than 'havoc' , but after her last disc... it's comforting. Her bravery inspires me and her voice, so unique.  It's like she became my friend at fifteen through conversation she started with her song 'perfect' and we've kept that conversation going seventeen years later.

No comments: