Friday, April 22, 2011

Hanna

Hanna



Starring: Saoirse Ronan, Cate Blanchett & Eric Bana

April 15, 2011




After seeing Screa4m I saw this film 'Hanna' about a girl who was raised in the woods by her father, training to fight for her life. As the poster says 'Adapt or Die'.




From the previews I knew this film would be an action packed edge of your seat kind of movie. I was right. Saoirse was phenomenal as the lead and title character HANNA. It was a departure from her previous role in the movie The Lovely Bones, and if this is the track she's on in her career, than I look forward to seeing more and more movies with her in them.

In one scene of the movie, Hanna meets this young girl and her brother, and ends up spending time with them. I don't know the girl is who played her new found friend, but she was so funny and needs to be in more films.


I can't say too much about this film, as it would give things away, but I highly enjoyed it and the performances by all actors. I'm not the hugest fan of Cate Blanchett or Eric Bana, but both played excellent characters.


I do wish that they went more into Cate Blanchett's - Marisa Woeggler's (sp?) character as there were one or two scenes when we saw into her emotions but didn't fully understand why she was feeling those emotions.


Due to that and only that I give this film 4 1/2 stars out of 5.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Saiorse is fantastic! I will see all her movies. She would have been a fierce Katniss.

I think Marissa's last name is Veigler but not entirely sure.

Lady in the Street, Freak in the Bed said...

she would have been a great Katniss.

I just looked up the character on IMDB to see the spelling, and all it says is "Marissa" ... last name IMDB...LAST NAME!