Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Why...

Why is it that bad things happen to good people...and children! One of my NK Drama kids, Michaela and her family are going through a tough time right now and it makes me question the universe. Michaela, who is in 7th grade, only 12 (or 13 years old), had to have surgery on her back in September. She was home for a little while and hurt it again. She has been up in Boston at a rehabilitation center since around December I think and has been making progress. Just recently she has started walking again, slowly but surely and just found out that she should be coming home this coming weekend.

Because of her being in Boston all this time, her mother and father have had to switch off on being there with her, her mom half the week and her dad the other half. She has a younger sister and a younger brother who are also dealing with this tough time, having to have only one parent home with them at a time. I remember I had bought Michaela the Hunger Games trilogy and brought it to her house for her dad to bring up to her. Her dad was telling me how Donna had just left to go up to Boston and he was going up on the coming Thursday. He said they saw each other for all of five minutes in the switch. That absolutely broke my heart to hear. Nobody should have to go through this, especially not this family, who are all so kind and generous and who deserve so much better.

I offered to watch the kids for Donna so her and her husband could have a date night and I hope she takes me up on that. I wish I could do more. I wish I could take away Michaela's pain and make everything better for all of them. It hurts me to see any of my NKD kids suffering especially so with Michaela, who has had to go through more than any child should ever have to go through.

I pray that she continues to heal, that her pain goes away and that her and her family can get back home all together. I ask you all to keep them in your thoughts.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

That horrible what Michaela and her family have to go through. Very nice of you to offer to watch the kids!