Thursday, September 20, 2012

More TV

Weeds ended (it was my favorite show back in 2005/2006). The last season was probably it's worst (every show seems to go on one year too long). But I stuck with it. I love me some Mary Louise-Parker. Out of nowhere they produced a beautiful second to last episode. Parker and Justin Kirk were heart breaking and it's probably one of the shows finest moments. Find this episode and watch it. And so my excitement level for the series finale perked up. What else will they deliver?

What they delivered was a mixed bag - some of it worked, some of it didn't. But I loved the final scene. I loved that Nancy paid for her sins. And the use of the Rilo Kiley song that they used in the pilot was PERFECT. And any close of up Mary Louise-Parker thinking is worth watching. She doesn't need words.

I can't wait to see what she does next.


And next for me? The final episode of DAMAGES. This was my favorite show back in 2007.

I won't be buying the final season of Damages (the premiere rocked and then it suffered). Who decided to hire Ryan Phillippee (why even bother spelling his name right). Chris Messina returned (but with very little to do). Jenna Elfman showed promise (but was given little to do). Janet McTeer delivered.

Rose Byrne.. been a fan and have been since season one. And she had some wonderful moments, but the show was always about Patty (GLENN CLOSE).  This was her final hour. The best episode of all five seasons for the character and the actress. I'm glad Direct TV gave it a home. If the show still had heat, she'd be winning another Emmy. It was the kind of tour de force you only see every once and a while. The editing and the writing - everything about it worked.

One week until THE MINDY PROJECT - don't forget too watch!

No comments: