Thursday, April 17, 2008

Suit suit...

Do you ever just want to escape your life and live that of another; a better life, a more fun and exciting life, a life you dreamed was yours but was out of reach? Well if you answered no, then you are utterly and totally lying to not only me but to yourself. At one point or another in everyones life there comes that moment of "why can't I have that person's life?" So...what do you do? You know what I do?


I play The Sims.


Back way way many centuries ago...not long after the bible began...Okay well not that long ago, maybe about seven or so years ago, a game came out for the computer...a game called "The Sims" it was based slightly on "Sim City" but with people instead of cities and buildings. My brother had gotten it as a gift for some reason or another and him and his friend Jesse were big time into playing it. I sat down with them one day and was immediately hooked. I could make a person and have them live in a house, and have them make money and decorate their dwelling. And I could have them be whoever I wanted them to be. It was amazing. I remember one morning I woke up early (I know...ME? wake up EARLY? HA) and sat down at the computer with Adam and Jesse and we began designing our own houses and people and had them live. Before I knew it it was 1:00 in the morning! Time flew by!!! We had the cheat code for unlimited money so we could make the grandest houses and have the most magnificent furniture and decorations. Don't you wish there were a money cheat code in real life? I sure do! Then a few years later out came "The Sims 2" and it was more complex and even more entertaining. With "The Sims 2" you could have your family grow; instead of back in the original Sims where babies are born and then three days later they magically turned into a child. With Sims 2 the newborns turned into toddlers who then turned into kids and then into teenagers and so on and so on. And not only that but they had the real characteristics and traits of the parents who bore them. AMAZING! With each expansion pack the game became more and more enthralling and I looked forward to playing it all the time. And now, coming up in 2009...


THE SIMS 3!!!!!!!!!!!!


When I looked online and found that out I almost fell on the floor
in excitement! Not only does all that happens in Sims 2 stay but now with the Sims 3 you can completely customize every little detail from the furniture and wallpaper matching to the exact characteristics of the people you make...So amazing. And the graphics are incredible. So with the Sims 2 and soon the Sims 3 you can transform yoruself into who you want to be...extroverted, confident, married with kids etc. It is certainly a computer game for life.


goodbye.
Lindsay







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahah your descriton almost makes me want to play! but i probably will not. do i need another thing to be addicted to??

Lady in the Street, Freak in the Bed said...

you have to play! do it!