Monday, October 3, 2011

Crazy in NYC

















Crazy pants (LindsAy) came to NYC - Dont forget the A!

It was her second visit to the Harlem neighborhood that I've been residing in since I moved in over seven years ago. She got scared of a bang and swore she'd never return. But when they started smoking crack on my front steps I couldn't turn her away :)

We watched A Nightmare on Elm Street (introducing Johnny Depp!), All Good Things (Ryan Gosling is my third husband), Friends (The One Where Everyone Finds Out), Queer as Folk (because I might be queer... shhhh), and Adventures in Babysitting (Lindsay loves her Anthony Rapp... don't fuck with the babysitter).

And then we went to the cinema and saw 50/50 which is currently my second ranked film of the year. It takes place in Seattle (filmed on Pike street!). And it's really well acted and feels truthful. My kind of movie. We should have stayed in the theater (it rained all weekend!). But we traveled to the High Line (a must see).

And we went to the CSI experience at the Discovery Center. This was fun. I made cupcakes (Lindsay enjoyed them more than she expected too I think :) ). And I made pancakes.

And we also ate The Hudson River Cafe: 697 West 133 street. They have the best mac & cheese ever. Lindsay also devoured the sweet potato fries. I got grouped by security and her bags were checked. We look suspicious. But the food is worth it. I try to take everyone there that will go. It's just so worth it.

And the subway. We rode the subway. And we talked and laughed and had fun like friends who have known each other for more than a decade do. Come back soon - but skip the bus. Gate 71-74 no way!

No comments: