Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Pat me down and call me crazy

New York City

9/30/11 - 10/2/11


What one will do for a good mac & cheese meal. Have you ever been physically assaulted at a restaurant? All we wanted to do was eat a delicious meal of what Mark had told me was the best mac & cheese ever made! Was that too much to ask? It was 11:15pm and I know I was starving. But before we could be seated in the cramped space of the Hudson River Cafe Mark was accosted by a gentleman who worked for the bar/restaurant and patted down as if he was a known terrorist. I was then called over to a woman to have my bags searched as if I were his accomplice. Where did he take me? Why were these people treating us like we were about to blow up the place? That mac & cheese had better be as good as Mark said it was I thought to myself. It was.

What do Johnny Depp, bad acting and creepy fingernails have in common? Nightmare on Elm Street, that's what. Yes, we watched that upon our arrival at Mark's dwelling. It creeped me out a bit, although it was cheesy and the acting wasn't stellar (nancy's mom I'm talking to you!). So afterwards we watched the episode of all episodes of the hit series Friends...'The One Where Everyone Finds Out'. Classic.


Saturday morning proved to be what we assumed was a beautiful day. Not sunny, but a nice day to walk around. The walk to the subway stop in harlem was nice, we enjoyed it. Taking the subway train was exactly like usual, smelly and noisy but fast. Then we exited the subway station in the city...and that beautiful day turned into a rain storm of wet! So we walked to the High Line and it would have been gorgeous and really nice to just sit and enjoy the view, but because of the rain and our lack of sweaters and umbrellas, it was just ... wet.


Following that we decided we needed to solve a crime to get our minds off of the weather. Thankfully we found an exhibit at Discovery Times Square, a CSI: The Experience exhibit. What a coincidence! We were assigned our case number and we were on our way to speaking for the victim. After compiling the evidence at the scene, we analyzed blood spatter, did a toxicology test on the victim, analyzed the shoe prints and fingerprints. Finally we did a blood analysis on the victim and the blood found at the scene. SHOCKER! The perp was the vic's twin brother! Who would have thought!


Famished we were, crime solving does that for you. So we went to my favorite sandwich shop, Cosi on W 51st Street & Broadway. <3 delicious. I had my usual a tuna melt. Mark had a grilled chicken & lettuce. We then met up with the very fashionable Carrie. After chatting we walked on over to the Eugene O'Neill theater where we put our names in for the Book of Mormon lotto. Sadly none of us won. :/ Carrie Beth left us to go home herself. Mark and I decided on then going to see the movie 50/50 starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Seth Rogen, Bryce Dallas Howard, Anjelica Huston and Anna Kendrick. The movie was good...made me cry and laugh.


Ryan Gosling is hot. Even when he plays a crazy lying murdering SOB in All Good Things. The movie also starred Kirsten Dunst. Where has she been? This is a classic example of how the rich and powerful can get away with murder and know how to cover things up. Based on a true story. Liked it a lot.



Sunday morning I had a delicious burned pancake, just how I like it! Mark made it for me and I loved it. I also really liked the cupcakes he made the day before. The pancake was better though. I love pancakes. Then we watched some Queer as Folk before my departure.



Thankfully it was not raining and we got to spend the next hour in dry clothes and not shivering. But one last stop before I left....



Yummy!!! My delicious tuna melt.