Monday, October 24, 2011

You're (not) Gonna Regret It!






American Horror Story





Starring: Connie Britton, Dylan McDermott, Jessica Lange, Frances Conroy & Taissa Farmiga

Premiere aired: October 5, 2011



Very rarely does a TV show come along that is in the genre of horror...and even more rarely does it compare, let alone surpass horror films. This one does just that and more. I have a fascination with ghost stories, and once I saw the preview for this show I was so excited, it looked great.



Mark had expressed interest in this at first, although he entitled it American Horror Gothic...he still claims rights to finding this before me. From the creators of Nip/Tuck and Glee this show is brilliant! I love the format of each episode, starting out with a crime / murder that took place within the house in the past, then following up with the credits (which along with Dexter and True Blood is one of the best opening sequence of any TV show) and then it continues with the story of a family who moved from Boston to Los Angeles to start anew. From a creepy neighbor (Jessica Lange) to a maid (Frances Conroy) who appears older to the wife and younger to the husband this show keeps me scared and wanting more with each passing second. It has quickly climbed the charts of my favorite television series list. (Lost remains # 1!).



Connie Britton, who plays Vivien, the wife...is so great in this role. I had never seen her in anything else, but now that I can see what a great actor she is, I want to check out Friday Night Lights, for Mark has told me she was amazing in that show. Dylan McDermott, who plays the husband is very nice to look at and plays the role of the cheater perfectly. You don't want him to be found out, but you despise him for cheating at the same time. Taissa Farmiga, who plays their daughter Violet is wonderful as the dark teenager with a habit of cutting. Frances Conroy is both sad, haunting and strong in the role.



I do have to say though, out of all the characters, the neighbor Constance is the creepiest character in the show, and she's one of the only ones (besides the family) who is actually living! She is played by the brilliant Jessica Lange.


If you haven't watched this show, if you haven't seen even one episode, get on it! It is brilliant!


I give this 10 out of 10 stars *********

No comments: