Sunday, October 16, 2011

La Linda Takes New York

Linda came to New York for business (but managed to sneak pleasure into the mix like only she can) over the last week. It had been a year since I had seen her. It had been five years since we met. Whenever I meet someone after not seeing them for so long I do wonder how have they changed? How have I changed? What have I forgotten about them? I forgot just how warm of a person Linda is. She is always examining each day and looking to extract everything she can out of each moment. The good and the bad. One of her favorite quotes is : "Life begins outside of your comfort zone." And seeing her everyday I was reminded of how she lives her life in this way. We are braver than we think. We are smarter than we think. And each time she comes to New York I fall in love with this city in a new way.

1 comment:

La Linda said...

That is some of the sweetest words anyone has ever said of me. Thank you so much Mark, for being such a dear friend to me. And giving an extremely good reason to return to New York. SOON. <3